CAREER AND COLLEGE PREP
Make a Difference
What if high school was all you needed to start your dream job? Many healthcare careers don't require a college degree. You can begin making a difference sooner than you thought!
Which pathways are offered?
Therapeutics—This pathway prepares students to diagnose and treat acute, episodic, or chronic illnesses independently or as part of a healthcare team; provide treatment and counsel to patients; and help build or restore daily living skills to people with disabilities or developmental delays.
Diagnostics—Students in this pathway prepare for careers that use tests to detect, diagnose, and treat diseases, injuries, or other physical conditions, such as EKG technician, phlebotomist, and radiology technician.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Cardiovascular technologist
- Medical equipment preparer
- Medical equipment repairer
- Lab assistant
- ER department technician
- Dental assistant
- Nursing assistant
- Pharmacy technician
- Medical assistant
- Home health aide
- Physical therapy aide
- Personal trainer
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like with this career?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ACSM Certified Group Fitness Trainer
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- AMCA Physical Therapy Technician Certification (PTTC)
- NHA Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- NHA Certified Electrocardiography Technician (CET)
- NHA Certified Pharmacy Technician (ExCPT)
- NHA Certified Phlebotomist (CPT)
- NHA Clinical Medical Lab Assistant (CMLA)