Test drive a business and marketing course!
Which pathways are offered?
- Business Finance—This pathway prepares students to manage policy and strategy and implement them for an organization's capital structure, budgeting, acquisition and investment, financial modeling and planning, funding, dividends, and taxation.
- General Management—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
- Marketing Communication—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Art/Graphics Director
- Benefits Specialist
- Bill and Account Collector
- Business Consultant
- Customer Service Representative
- Human Resources Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$37,870/year
- Benefits Specialist—$62,680/year
- Bill and Account Collector—$35,330/year
- Promotions Manager—$129,380/year
- Public Relations Manager—$111,280/year
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 13, 2018. Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- The NOCTI Advertising and Design Job Ready Assessments
- The NOCTI Financial and Managerial Accounting Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Finance Exam
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)